The website is operated by Eggplant Limited ("Eggplant", "we", "us" and "our") of 6 Snow Hill, London EC1A 2AY.
Eggplant is a data controller in respect of your personal data and has notified that UK's Information Commissioner's Office that it is a data controller.
The website is not intended for children and we therefore do not knowingly or intentionally collect data relating to children.
If you wish to make a complaint about Eggplant's processing of your personal data then you have the right to contact the UK's data protection regulator (the Information Commission), but we would appreciate the opportunity to discuss any complaint with you in the first instance.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us so that we can update our records.
We may collect or obtain personal data (i.e. any data about an individual from which that individual can be identified) in a number of ways when you interact with Eggplant via the Website or through other forms of contact:
Information you give Eggplant.
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our website or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you subscribe to our service, search for a product, place an order on our site, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions, and when you report a problem, or contact any employee at Eggplant for any reason. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and work details.
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to the website we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from the website (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number
Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of our other company websites or from the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, subcontractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
Uses of your personal data
We will only use your personal data in accordance with applicable law. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
- Where we need to perform a contract with you (or take steps to enter into a contract with you).
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
Information you give to us. We may use this information to:
- provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- provide you with information about other goods and services we offer;
- notify you about changes to our service;
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us; and
- ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or device.
Information we collect about you. We may use this information to:
- Administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical, and survey purposes.
- Improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- Keep our site safe and secure.
- Correspond with you regarding Eggplant products and services.
- Help us improve the services we provide.
- Send promotional emails about our products and services, or other information which we think you may find interesting.
- Respond to any inquiry you have sent to us.
Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
We will not sell, distribute, or lease your personal data to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers, and subcontractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you or in connection with the provision of the website (or associated services).
- Third-party CRM processing companies or third-party web or internet server and storage companies which operate overseas.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Eggplant or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or terms and conditions of supply and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Eggplant, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
The organisations who we share your data with may be located outside the European Economic Area. This may include sharing your personal data with other members of the Eggplant group or with third parties who process personal data on our behalf.
Eggplant will only ever make these transfer in accordance with applicable law (for example, we may transfer your personal data (i) to a country that has been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission; or (ii) using specific contracts approved by the European Commission). Eggplant takes all necessary precautions and safeguards to ensure that the transfer and processing of your personal data overseas is managed in compliance with all applicable law.
Please contact us if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data out of the EEA.
The Security of your personal data
Eggplant has put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the website; any transmission is at your own risk.
Retaining your personal data
Eggplant will only retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
When Eggplant is determining the appropriate retention period for your personal data, we consider a number of factors. These include the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or other requirements.
Please contact us if you want further information on our retention of your personal data.
You have the rights in respect of your personal data that we want to make you aware of. You have the right:
- To obtain access to, and copies of, the personal data that Eggplant holds about you, or require that it is transmitted to another data controller.
- To request that Eggplant restricts its data processing activities or cease processing your personal data in certain ways, for example because you do not consider it lawful.
- To require Eggplant not to send you marketing communications.
- To withdraw your consent, where Eggplant is relying on it to process your personal data.
- To object to how Eggplant processes your personal data, in particular where we are relying on our legitimate interests.
- To ask Eggplant to erase the personal data we hold about you, for example because it is causing you distress or you believe it to be no longer relevant, or to correct the information if it is incorrect.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights as stated above, you can do so by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that the above rights are not absolute, and we will be entitled to refuse requests where exceptions apply (i.e. in accordance with applicable law). You can find out more about your rights at www.ico.org.uk.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we could refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it could take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
In addition to the above, you also have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by going to our Unsubscribe Page, or by contacting us at email@example.com.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a piece of data that is sent to your computer when you visit a website. Cookies allow us to keep track of your preferences and recognize you as a return visitor when you visit our website a subsequent time.
Data obtained by a cookie is used to deliver customized content and promotions within the website and across the Eggplant products to customers whose behaviour indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
What types of cookies do we use and how do we use them?
Third-party advertising cookies collect information about your browsing habits such as the web pages you have visited. We use this information to make our website more relevant to your interests and, when advertising, it ensures our ads are more relevant to your needs.
Eggplant Real Customer Insights cookies
This website uses Eggplant's Real Customer Insights product to help analyse the performance of the website for its users. This service uses “web beacons” and "cookies" to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information in an anonymous form. This data is sent to Eggplant by your web browser as part of your interaction with the website. The data collected commonly includes IP address, time to load web pages, time spent on webpages and links clicked.
This information is then used to evaluate visitors' use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website performance.
We will never (and will not allow any third party to) use the statistical analytics tool to track or to collect any Personally Identifiable Information (PII) of visitors to the website. We will not link, or seek to link, an IP address with the identity of a computer user. We will not associate any data gathered from this website with any other personal data from any source, unless you explicitly submit that information, via a fill-in form on our website, in order to request we troubleshoot specific performance issues you are experiencing with the website.
This cookie is installed when a user first visits a page tagged with Eggplant’s Real Customer Insights. This cookie is valid for one year from the last visit and enables the analytics software to track whether a user is a repeat user, which facilitates measurement of a user’s experience across different sessions and impact of performance across multiple sessions on user behaviour.
This cookie is installed when a user visits a page tagged with Eggplant’s Real Customer Insights. Its purpose is to tie together the individual impressions within a given session to enable us to a view the experience the user is getting over a unified session rather than a series of individual page loads
This cookie is session based, the records the number of pages a visitor has hit within a given session
This cookie is installed when a user first visits a page tagged with Eggplant’s Real Customer Insights. This cookie enables the analytics software to track whether a user is a repeat user, which facilitates measurement of a user’s experience across different sessions and the impact of performance across multiple sessions on user behaviour.
The content provided on this Website is provided on an ‘as is’ and ‘as available’ basis, and Eggplant assumes no responsibility for its accuracy or reliability.
All content on this Website is for general information purposes only, and although we try to keep this content up to date and correct, we make no warranties, expressed or implied about the accuracy, reliability, suitability, or availability with respect of the website, its content, or related graphics it contains for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage you suffer or incur (whether arising in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise), including without limitation (i) indirect or consequential loss or damage; or (ii) any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of the website.